There are a lot of different opinions about the best office layouts, yet most business owners agree that the open-plan layout offers more benefits than any other design. If you want to boost productivity and promote dialogue, having an open design achieves all of this and more!
- Open Plan is the Only Way – There are many good reasons to go open plan when designing office space; using both full and half partitions, you can easily create workstations and communal areas. Not only that, anytime you want to change the layout, it is a simple job. With an ergonomic office chair at each workstation and a communal coffee area with a whiteboard for those brainstorming sessions.
- Go wireless –If you go wireless as much as possible, it makes life a lot easier and with Bluetooth connectivity, this is possible. Employees can wear Bluetooth headsets that allow communication on the move and you can say goodbye to those ugly cable bunches.
- Take a close look at office processes – Prior to designing the office, take a good look at the various processes and design the space accordingly. This is how office fitout teams work; they study the processes to create a functional design. Items like printers, scanners and copiers need to be centrally located for easy access and this saves a lot of time.
- Office furniture – When looking to acquire office furniture, choose top quality items actually saves you money in the long run. Heavy duty use can quickly make office furniture fade and buying cheap stuff is not wise. Search online for a leading Australian office equipment supplier and you can order everything you need in a single shop.
- Involve your staff in the office design – This is a great way to make your employees feel that they matter and who knows, they might come up with some great answers. Call a meeting and ask staff for ideas about the office renovation and you will probably get a lot of cool ideas.
- Use carpet tiles – It won’t be long before someone spills coffee on the carpet and with heavy-duty carpet tiles, you simply replace the one that is damaged. Keep a dozen or so in a cupboard and you’ll one day be glad that you did!
- Vertical blinds – Vertical blinds are ideal for offices; elegant and very functional, you can have the blinds made to measure. Blinds allow you to fine-tune the lighting, plus you can completely block out the light, which is perfect for those slideshow presentations.
If you have the budget, talk to an office fitout company with an excellent track record and let them design and implement the fitout. The online supplier has you covered as far as office furniture and equipment goes, while they also offer the lowest prices for top brands.