Just a few days ago we showed you a guide on how to eliminate Ransomware malware, also sometimes popularly known as “Police Virus”. This virus blocks your computer and does not allow you to use it, however in the most severe cases; this is not the only consequence of this type of malware, since it is also capable of encrypting the most important files on your computer.
This means that in the event that we are able to remove decrypt ransomware from our computer, we will still have our files encrypted and therefore we will not be able to decrypt them in order to access them.
Currently, due to the proliferation of this type of virus, the main security and antivirus companies have launched different tools not only to detect and eliminate Ransomware from your computer, but also tools to decrypt the files encrypted by said malware. Below we are going to show you a series of programs that will allow you to decrypt practically any of the encrypted files.
Before continuing, you should know that there are different types of Ransomware, which means that the encryption of your files will occur in a different way. This in turn means that the tool you must use to decrypt your files must be different depending on the Ransomware with which you were infected.
You should also know that this list will also help you decrypt ransomware threat since all of these tools have been updated with the latest databases. In new Wannacry malware that encrypts the files on your computer and requests a ransom of $300 to decrypt said files. You may also be interested in: How to avoid Wannacry Ransomware on your Windows computer.
Free Tools to Decrypt Files Locked by Specific Ransomware:
- Proven Data. In this case, the software that provendata.com recommends is the ransomware program. Specifically, the decryptor you will need it. This program has been recently released to deal with one of the newest Ransomware. The expert of prove data use that tool is very easy to use and thanks to it you will be able to access your files again quickly and easily. In this way, any encrypted file, that is, that contains the locky extension, will recover its original extension and can be opened with the corresponding program.
- For HydraCrypt and UmbreCrypt Ransomware: The best program to decrypt files encrypted by these types of malware, we recommend the decryptor program: Emsisoft Decrypter for HydraCrypt. Don’t be fooled by the name of the tool, as it will allow you to access files locked by both HydraCrypt and UmbreCrypt malware.
- For PETYA Ransomware. This malware overwrites the master boot record (MBR) and therefore overwrites the information of the first sector of the hard drive which is responsible for identifying how and where the operating system is located. This prevents the operating system from booting even in safe mode. To solve this problem, we will have to recover certain information from our hard drive, which you can do thanks to the tool: PetyaExtractor. Once the information has been extracted, you must decrypt it with the following Web tool: Petya ransomware decryptor & password generator. This will give you the password that you must use to decrypt your hard drive.
- For Operation Global III Ransomware: This type of malware is one of the most common and basically in addition to blocking your computer, it will also encrypt the files on your PC, converting all its extensions into .EXE. Once the ransomware is removed, you will need to use the og3patcher software. This tool will eliminate the malware and will also make all the .EXE extensions return to their original ones and therefore be able to use them.
- For TeslaCrypt Ransomware. For this type of ransomware we recommend using the open source tool: TeslaDecrypt. This software is updated quite frequently with contributions from other users affected by this type of malware.
- For CoinVault and Bitcryptor Ransomware: In the event that your computer has been infected and your files have been blocked due to any of the malware mentioned, you must use the tool: Kaspersky Ransomware Decryptor. This tool will allow you to scan your operating system to not only remove CoinVault and Bitcryptor ransomware, but also remove files locked by the same malwares.
If for whatever reason you are not able to identify the Ransomware that has infected your computer and therefore you do not know the specific tool with which to eliminate said malware, below we show you a few that will work quite well.
For any user who does not know what type of decrypt ransomware infected your computer but your files are still encrypted, we recommend that you try to decrypt them with the software Proven data. This program will allow you to select the specific folder or file that you want to decrypt and get back to normal.