The winter is coming. It is the time of the year when you don’t fear stepping out and love to bask in the sun to feel the warmth on a cold day. This potentially increases the chances of suntan and damage. Just like any other summer day, a sunscreen cream is your rescuer. The environmental changes make using sunscreen more necessary than any additional time to protect your skin from UV rays.
Though a range of sunscreens are available in the market, the struggle is real for those with sensitive and acne-prone skin: Lotus Safesun UltraRX Sunscreen Serum SPF 60 PA++++. We can leave the sensitive skin alone, too! With many sunscreens, Lotus Herbals has introduced Cica-infused sunscreen for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
What is Cica?
Before we proceed with skin care during winter, let us introduce you to this potent ingredient. Cica, an abbreviation for Centella Asiatica, is an herb known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Since ancient times, it has been used to soothe and repair skin.
How does Cica work in sunscreen for acne-prone skin?
The best sunscreen for acne-prone skin is the one that includes Cica extracts, Lotus Safesun UltraRx Matte Sunscreen SPF 50 PA++++. It is also a suitable ingredient for oily and sensitive skin. Cica sunscreen is a blessing in many ways:
- It calms and soothes skin redness and irritation.
- It regulates sebum production and reduces the chances of breakouts.
- It improves the skin barrier against the sun’s rays.
- It fades out acne marks, blemishes, and pigmentations, leaving an even skin tone behind.
- It is a potent formula that provides a broad spectrum, shielding the skin against UVA and UVB rays.
Is SPF 50 sunscreen for the face right for me?
A higher SPF does not necessarily mean higher protection. SPF over 30 provides progressive protection. There are many things to consider while buying sunscreen. See the following checklist:
- Minimum of SPF 30: According to Indian weather and general UV index, a minimum of SPF 30 should be applied. If you live in coastal areas or plan a vacation to beaches or hills, apply sunscreen with SPF 50.
- Broad spectrum: Look for a sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays. This provides broad coverage and better protection from the sun, causing harm to the skin.
- Chemical vs mineral sunscreen: We recommend using mineral sunscreen as it is eco-friendly and protects the skin comparatively better than chemical sunscreen. Before you choose Mineral Safe Sun, remember that these leave a white caste on the skin and need more reapplication. Mineral sunscreens do not get into the skin layers and form a protective layer on the skin.
- Natural ingredients: Use sunscreens with potent natural ingredients that protect your skin against sun damage. Safe Sun Dry-Touch Whitening Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++ has titanium dioxide and white peony extracts that are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties and protect the skin from radical damage.
- Skin type: Choosing a sunscreen suitable to your skin type and specific skin problem, like the best sunscreen for acne is essential. Pick a complete pack, Suncare Trio for Oily Skin, with SPF 50 sunscreen for the face for oily skin for sun protection and de-tan.
What are the other ways of protecting the skin?
The other ways do not mean that you can skip sunscreen. Here are some additional cautions that you must take care of to protect your skin against suntan, sunburn, and sun damage:
- Avoid going out in the sun during the peak hours, i.e., between 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. During these hours, the sun peaks, reflecting the highest UV rays.
- Cover yourself with loose, breathable fabrics to protect the skin from direct exposure to sun rays.
- Use an umbrella or hat while going out in the sun. They act as a barrier between your skin and UVA/UVB rays.
- Wear shades to protect your eyes from damaging sun rays.
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. You must also reapply sunscreen after sweating, swimming, or cleaning your face with a towel or tissue. Though you may use a waterproof sunscreen, reapplication is a must, as the sunscreen may get ripped off in patches.
- Apply sunscreen even on cloudy days or when staying indoors. You are exposed to UV rays that penetrate through clouds or windows into your home.
- Apply sunscreen on other exposed body parts. Many people focus on the face and leave sunscreen application on their hands, neck, ears, legs, and other exposed parts to sun rays. You can use a body lotion with SPF to protect the skin, Lotus Safe Sun Anti-Tan Body Lotion SPF-25.
Here you go, winter-ready to bask in a bit of sun with the protection of sunscreen cream. We hope you enjoy the winter season as much as we do while staying protected from suntan, sunburn, and sun damage.