Whether you are making a PDF-based form, presentation, or report or annotating a PDF, you can get stuck with the need to edit PDF links. This involves adding new links, removing previous links, or making changes in the already added links, like changing the anchor text, etc. Acknowledging the need, multiple PDF editors have stepped forward to include link editing features in their interface.
If you want to explore the best options you can rely on, we have listed our top picks for you below. Let’s just dive in to get detailed insights into them, their pros and cons, and more.
The Best Five PDF Link Editors
This section unveils five of the best PDF link editors with their pros and cons. So, without any further ado, let’s hop onto them!
The first PDF link editor on our list is UPDF! It’s an innovative platform with an intuitive interface and advanced feature support. It offers multiple editing features, including editing text, images, and links. The best part? You won’t have to indulge in those complicated and lengthy how-to guides to master the editing techniques. Just launch the platform and go with the flow to get your editing done.
If we stick to the link editing part, UPDF enables adding, removing, or editing the previous link. Meaning it offers you ultimate flexibility to edit your links the way you want.
- Enable styling links to make your PDF worth presenting.
- Besides inserting links to the web pages, you can also connect pages within the same PDF.
- You can tweak link style, type, thickness, and even color.
- Besides adding and editing, removing links is also much easier, demanding merely two clicks.
- Also supports other impressive features, like annotating, organizing, adding bookmarks, and converting PDFs using the AI-powered OCR technology.
- Offer multi-platform support, as it’s compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Wondershare-supported PDFelement stands as another leading PDF editor. It enables PC and mobile users to edit not only links but also text, images, pages, and, in short, all the elements of PDF. With it, you can add clickable hyperlinks to direct users to your desired webpage. Besides adding, you can also edit the previously added links.
Moreover, you can modify their appearance and decide what action to perform if a user clicks the link. Available options include adding links to web pages, linking with other PDF pages, or opening a file.
- Ensure easy editing steps to help non-tech savvy.
- Offers flexible editing options for whether you want to edit links, images, or text.
- Enables adding links to open a file or play a video.
- Most users find it an expensive investment relevant to other competitors on the list.
- Lacks innovative features, like support for stickers, flattening cropped pages, watermarks, etc.
Next on the list is the pdfFiller! This amazing PDF link editor offers both online and offline versions to ease the pain of users. Coming to the point, it supports the Add Link PDF feature that enables applying links to text or images to make them clickable. Once you have added the link, you can customize the anchor text by tweaking font size, style, and color according to your preferences.
The best part? pdfFiller supports multiple file formats. Besides uploading PDFs from the storage, you can also upload from Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, or rely on other uploading methods that might suit you more.
- Enables customizing the link appearance.
- The platform is pretty user-friendly with an attractive UI.
- Supports multiple platforms and file formats.
- The online version has a file size limit of 25 MB.
- Online versions can put your privacy at risk, as you will have to upload your PDF on the website to perform editing.
WorkinTool is another online platform that demands uploading PDF documents on the website. Once uploaded, you can enjoy editing links by removing or replacing them with other links in a few seconds.
This tool is easy to use and requires only three steps to edit a link successfully. So, if you have any storage issues that don’t allow you to download a specific PDF editor and edit links via it, going with this online tool would be the best choice.
- Doesn’t demand downloading or installation of software.
- Supports three steps of effortless link editing.
- Batch editing is also accessible.
- Might spark security concerns associated with online file uploading.
- The free version imposes limitations.
Last but not least, we have Nitro! It supports editing the appearance of the links, setting link style to default, aligning, resizing, and repositioning links, locking and unlocking their positions and properties, and deleting links.
Besides the link editing feature, Nitro also enables securing, esigning, and annotating PDFs in simple and easy steps. It can be your best bet, but before making any decision, ensure to weight the pros and cons listed below.
- Customer support is quick and responsive.
- The free version imposes certain limitations.
- The paid version can be costly for individuals.
- It doesn’t support editing PDF forms, adding bookmarks, OCR converting files, and other necessary features.
- Some users have reported it being stuck when uploading large-sized files.
How Do You Choose the Best PDF Link Editor?
Wondering what’s the best PDF link editor out of the editors we have mentioned above? The following perspectives will surely help you make an informed decision:
Link Customization – opt for the one that supports customizing the appearance of the links. It includes changing font parameters and more tweakable aspects.
Connecting PDF Pages– Sometimes, you might need to refer to a previous or coming PDF page. In such a case, connecting PDF pages, feature can prove helpful.
User-Friendly – The PDF link editor should be user-friendly; otherwise, you will end up looking for how-to guides on the internet, wasting a load of your time.
Budget-Friendly – It’s another important aspect that will narrow down your choices. The best approach would be to finalize your budget first and then look at the best options you have in that range.
Besides the other aspects, you can also have a look at the following comparison table to better understand where a platform lacks and where it performs well comparative to others.
|Customize Links’ Appearance
|UPDF Pro: US$35.99/year
UPDF Pro with AI add-on: US68.99/year
|Yearly Plan: US$79.99/year
|Nitro PDF Pro: US$179.99/billed once
That was all about the comparison of the five different PDF link editors. Upon having a look at it, you must have found UPDF to be your best bet, and it surely is!
How to Use PDF Link Editor?
Let’s now explore how you can edit links with the best PDF link editor, i.e., UPDF!
- Launch UPDF and open the desired PDF file.
- Once opened, go to the left toolbar and select the Edit PDF option from there.
- Now, in the Edit section, select Link from the top menu and select the text or image where you want to add a link.
- You can choose either a link to the web page or a page number of the same PDF.
- Now comes the interesting part: you can edit the added link the way you like, changing link type, thickness, style, and even color.
- UPDF also supports deleting text; for this purpose, you will have to choose the Delete option after right-clicking on the link.
Wrapping It UP!
Finding the best PDF link editor might be a daunting task, but we have tried our best to make things much easier for you. If we were asked to choose a single editor out of all these, we would surely recommend UPDF, and by now, you must be convinced to agree with us.
So, if you haven’t tried UPDF till now, this is, indeed, the best time to get your hands on it, as UPDF is currently offering a 61% Time-Limited Special Offer for UPDF Pro. Visit their website for more information!